Bachelors of Fine Arts, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC)
Graduated December 2013
- Merit Scholarship recipient
- Emphasis on Painting and Drawing
- Coursework: Painting Practices, Figure Painting: Multi-level, Perceptual Painting, Indie Comics, Scientific Illustration, Figure Drawing: Multi-level, Illustrated Poster, Beginning Animation, Beginning Lithography, Engineering Comics
SAIC ArtBash, Chicago, IL—April 2011
SPF, Albany Park–August 2014, curator and organizer with Elizabeth Kaple, exhibitor
Freelance–Illustration for Tweet Rater, October 2014
Chicago Alternative Comics Expo (CAKE), exhibitor–May 2014
Zinefest, exhibitor–March 2014
Art Sale, Holiday Art Sale at 112 S. Michigan Ave.–November 2013
Internship, studio assistant for Debra Kayes—September 2012 to December 2012
- Assist in preparation of artist’s future works, and gallery show set up and take down.
- Administrative work in contributing to artist’s pattern website by researching interested artists. Also researching possible companies for artist’s future pattern design company.
Art Sale, Holiday Art Sale at 112 S. Michigan Ave.—November 2012
Commission, illustration for Natasha Allegri–June 2012
Studio Assistant, North Branch Projects, Albany Park, IL—March 2012 to October 2014
- Assist in the coordination and execution of gallery openings and other special events, along with sales events. Introduce space to interested parties, provide service to customers, and maintain the look of the studio.
- Create books for communal sketchbook library and books to be sold to pay for the bindery space.
Art Tutor, Glenview, IL—April 2011 to August 2011
- Tutored a high school student in art with an emphasis on technical skills and creative process.
- Tutored up to seven children, elementary school to middle school students, on a weekly basis.
- Proficient in oil paint, acrylic, watercolor, graphite, charcoal, pastels, india ink.
- Proficient with use of Wacom tablet and Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- Experienced in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Dreamweaver.
- Experience in book binding techniques.
- Basic knowledge of Korean.